Employees & Employers
Advice tailored to your specific requirements
Speak to our For Business team
Assistance across a variety of industry sectors, from global oil companies to sole traders.
Our employer services include providing comprehensive and understandable advice about:
- Terms and conditions of employment offered to employees at all levels including company directors.
- Bonus and incentive plans and/or share option schemes.
- HR or employee related policies and procedures.
- Dealing with grievances raised by your employees, including discrimination claims.
- Dealing with problematic employees e.g. conduct related issues (at or outwith the workplace) and capability issues such as poor performance or long term ill health.
- Redundancies, re-organisations or business transfers.
- Proposed changes to employee’s terms and conditions of employment.
- How to prepare for and conduct internal investigations, disciplinary and/or appeal hearings.
- Making sure that if you do have to make a dismissal decision, that you make that decision fairly.
- Drafting, and crucially enforcing, post termination covenants or restrictions and the consequences of breach.
- Jurisdictional issues where the employment may have some overseas element.
- Drafting and managing the negotiations surrounding offering a settlement agreement to an employee to try to bring their employment to an end.
- Providing advice upon Employment Tribunal or Court proceedings, including representation in litigation brought by or against you.
We also provide advice upon terms of engagement or consultancy arrangements offered to other workers whether contracted directly or indirectly via an employment business.
We work with our corporate and commercial property colleagues when necessary to provide a complete service and provide support in corporate transactions including:-
- Drafting and reviewing service agreements and consultancy agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing compromise agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing employment warranties and indemnities.
- Carrying out employment due diligence including drafting diligence reports and dealing with any issues that arise.
- Advising on all aspects of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (“TUPE”).