Advance Agreements to help regulate property should separation take place.

Written Agreements can be entered into by couples before they co-habit, marry or enter into a civil partnership to regulate what will happen to their property should they separate in the future.  These Agreements are increasingly common in Scotland particularly where parties have acquired substantial property prior to their marriage or civil partnership.

To help you at this time we are able to offer an initial fixed fee Family Law  package  which includes  a consultation with one of our solicitors  for up to one hour, to discuss your particular situation and provide advice on the best way forward for you, together with a written summary of our advice. The fee for this package is  £250 plus VAT at 20% plus a £4 fee for the cost of an online  client ID check.  You will be under no obligation to instruct us to do anything more following that consultation,  but if you do choose to instruct us further, we will explain what the costs of your case might be.

Faye Donald explains the different types of agreements you may want to consider when you are in a relationship.

As Faye explained in the video above, if you are getting married, entering a civil partnership or setting up a home together and wish to protect your assets, we can assist you. We offer a no nonsense practical approach to protect your property as far as possible in the event of a separation.

If you feel that you would benefit from such an Agreement or would like more information to help you make an informed decision, please contact a member of the Family Law Team.

Speak to our For Life team

    Call your Local Office

    Aberdeen 01224 332400

    Aberdeen Property Office 01224 564636

    Banchory 01330 822931

    Ellon 01358 720777

    Inverurie 01467 629300

    Stonehaven 01569 762947

    Meet the team

    Leading Family Law Solicitors